[horde] Getting user list when using IMP for authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Wed Jul 20 21:01:08 PDT 2005

Unless I'm missing something, currently if I want to allow Horde to
fetch list of users (needed for example for editing permissions in
calendar, task list, and some other applications), I need to store Cyrus
admin password into IMP's config file.

If I choose not to manage Cyrus users through Horde, it would be nice if
I could choose some other backend for tasks that simply need to fetch
the list of users.  For example, in my case Cyrus authenticates against
LDAP, so if I could point Horde to fetch list of users directly from
LDAP, it would be way more secure (for example, I could specify that DN
Horde binds with has read-only access and limit that access even furter,
instead of giving it full administrative access to my Cyrus IMAPD).