[horde] Getting user list when using IMP for authentication

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Thu Jul 21 05:37:23 PDT 2005

Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> Unless I'm missing something, currently if I want to allow Horde to
> fetch list of users (needed for example for editing permissions in
> calendar, task list, and some other applications), I need to store Cyrus
> admin password into IMP's config file.
>
> If I choose not to manage Cyrus users through Horde, it would be nice if
> I could choose some other backend for tasks that simply need to fetch
> the list of users.  For example, in my case Cyrus authenticates against
> LDAP, so if I could point Horde to fetch list of users directly from
> LDAP, it would be way more secure (for example, I could specify that DN
> Horde binds with has read-only access and limit that access even furter,
> instead of giving it full administrative access to my Cyrus IMAPD).

Thinking of it, I could theoretically create "normal" user and give it
+l permission to list all mailboxes under "user.".  The only problem, I
need to find a way how to do it.  "sam user normal_user +l" doesn't work
(of course).  "sam user.* normal_user +l" would allow it to list all
currently existing mailboxes, but not newly created...  Any Cyrus wizard
around? ;-)