[horde] Outlook 2003 and IMAP - MISSING-HOST-NAME

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Wed Dec 7 18:29:11 PST 2005

> I've setup my outlook 2003 account to syncronise to my IMAP account that i
> use while on the move. Everything works well except when i send a message
> from outlook then login to my imap account (horde) the sent folder shows me
> the message i sent from outlook but the 'from' name is screwed up. It reads
> as "correct-email-address at .MISSING-HOST-NAME. If i sent an email from horde
> it works fine. Its just outlook messes up sending emails.
>
> Anyone got any ideas. This is doing my nut in.

I have some users that have the same problem.  I looked into it a bit,
but never found anything conclusive.  It only appears to happen when
using Outlook.  Other IMAP clients (thunderbird, eudora, etc.) seem to
work fine.  I ended up telling those users "deal with it, or use
something besides Outlook" :)

--Ben