[horde] Apache Proxy with Horde/Imp?

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Thu Dec 29 11:13:05 PST 2005

Josh Trutwin wrote:
> Mike Dorman wrote:
>> Why don't you just use an alias for each site the maps back to where your
>> Horde installation is?  I've been using this scheme for virtual hosting for
>> some time, and it works well:
>>
>> <VirtualHost x.y.z.x:80>
>> 	ServerName mail.domainx.com
>> 	Alias / /path/to/horde
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> Hmm - I tried that:
>
> <VirtualHost x.y.z.x:80>
>      ServerName mail.domainx.com
>      Alias / /usr/local/source/web/horde/h3
> </VirtualHost>
>
> ls -ald /usr/local/source/web/horde/h3
>
> drwx------  26 nobody nobody 832 Dec 28 10:30
> /usr/local/source/web/horde/h3
>
> When I try to access http://mail.domainx.com though I get redirected
> to http://mail.domainx.com// and a 403 error:
>
> You don't have permission to access // on this server.

Ok - this works.  To alias mail.domainx.com to Horde I used:

AliasMatch (.*) /usr/local/source/web/horde/h3$1

instead of Alias / /usr/local ...

BUT - in order to get that to work I had to tweek $webroot in
registry.php:

if (preg_match('/^mail\./', $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'])) {
    $webroot = '';
}

Still it's much cleaner than where I was going with the proxy stuff.

Thanks!

Josh