[horde] Could not save the configuration file in Horde 3.0.9

Bill Graham grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com
Thu Jan 12 18:05:07 PST 2006

Make swure the ownership of conf.php allows your web server write access
Linux/Apache I use  - to get things started
chown apache:apache conf.php
as for the bak file touch conf.php.bak
chown apache:apache conf.php.bak

I don't know if the is an automatic setup script to do this. The may well be.

Bill

Quoting Myo Gyi <myozaw at ait.ac.th>:

> Hi Group,
>
> Good day! As I am new Horde user, I have a problem in configuration by using
> Horde in FreeBSD 5.3, PHP 4.4.1, Horde 3.0.9. After I configured everythign
> in Setup, I got the follwoing error:
>
> "Could not save the backup configuration file /usr/local/www/data-
>
> dist/horde/config/conf.php.bak.
>
> Could not save the configuration file
> /usr/local/www/data-dist/horde/config/conf.php. You
>
> can either use one of the options to save the code back on Setup or copy
> manually the code
>
> below to /usr/local/www/data-dist/horde/config/conf.php."
>
> I try to fix and many ways, but it is useless. Anyone can help?
>
> Another one is after I logout from Horde, I got this error "Notice:
> Undefined index: log in /usr/local/www/data-dist/horde/lib/Horde.php on line
> 49"
>
> Be appreciated for reply.
>
> MyoGyi

Bill Graham
Systems Administrator
Hurley Public Schools
Hurley,SD 57036
USA
grahamcw at hurleybulldogs.com

This electronic  mail sent from Hurley Public Schools - Hurley, South Dakota
http://www.hurleybulldogs.com

NOTICE: This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any retention, dissemination,
Please reply to the sender that you have received the message in error,
then delete it. Thank you.