[horde] Weather: No location is set

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Tue Jan 17 16:46:42 PST 2006

Quoting Chris <grooveman at comcast.net>:

> Thank you for the advice with the script, but no dice.  If I move the
> -r, it gives me the second error I mentioned:
>     Services_Weather: Connection to DB with
> 'mysql://horde:PASS@mx1.brokensolstice.com/horde' failed!

[snip]

> I have verified that I can connect to the db  by doing: mysql -u horde
> -p -h localhost
>
> Any other thoughts?

Yes. It looks like the script is trying to connect to mysql as
horde at mx1.brokensolstice.com, but from the command line you're
connecting as horde at localhost. Try either connecting via script to
localhost, or giving permissions in mysql to the horde user at
mx1.brokensolstice.com, and report the results. If I had to guess (and
it would just be a guess), I would say that, in mysql, the user
"horde" has permissions with host "localhost", but not host
"mx1.brokensolstice.com".

Hope this helps,
Rick

P.S. According to the output from "php buildMetarDB.php -h", adding
additional "v"s to the "-v" flag will increase the "verbosity" of the
output. That might give more information.