[horde] Sweating Bullets!! Help!

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Mar 29 00:20:52 PST 2006

Zitat von Chris <grooveman at comcast.net>:

> Hi Gary,
>
> I wouldn't say it fixed it.  It just made the errors go away.  They
> symptoms persist.  Maybe the rrors had nothing to do with the
> symptoms... I don't know.
>
> I restored the db from a system backup.  I untarred everything in
> /var/mysql.  I have done this from data 2 and 3 days old.  Well before
> any issues had arisen (this afternoon).
>
> When I run ps -ax |grep mysql:
>
> 2956 C0- I      94:13.02 /usr/local/libexec/mysqld --socket
> /var/www/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock -u _mysql

Either the path to the socket is wrong (the error message said that
horde was trying to connect to var/run/mysql/mysql.sock), or you are
running Apache chrooted, which you should have mentioned. It might be
the default setup of OpenBSD, but it's still worth mentioning because
not everybody knows that.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/