[horde] Trouble with installing pear and Horde

Martin Lohmeier martin at mein-horde.de
Mon May 22 06:47:21 PDT 2006

Samuel Torton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I didn't want to install Debian deb packages, because Horde requires some
> specific configs for Apache and PHP.
>
> Thus, how do you configure Apache (--enable-so) and PHP
> (--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs --with-gettext --with-dom --with-p
> gsql --with-ldap --with-mcrypt --with-iconv --enable-mbstring=all --enable-m
> bregex --with-gd --with-png-dir=/usr  --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-mime-magic
> =/usr/share/misc/file/magic.mime --with-zlib-dir) with Debian packages ?
>
> Do you mean download deb-src packages and recompile them, or deb bin
> packages, and reconfigure httpd.conf and php.ini afterwards ?
>
> Thank you,
> Excuse me, I'm a bit lost.
>
> Samuel

Horde is working on my Debian Sarge without any problem (ok, it's
compiled with memory limit...but this is configurable). So recompiling
is not necessary.

Or which feature are you missing in apache / php?

The configuration of both only get special in the performance / security
part (see horde/docs/SECURITY and horde/docs/PERFORMANCE).

bye, Martin