[horde] Strange loop when configuring Horde

Luciano Ramalho luciano at ramalho.org
Sat Jun 24 17:49:19 PDT 2006

Steps to reproduce:

a) following instructions in horde/docs/INSTALL, follow steps in
Configuring Horde through item "5. Completing Configuration".

b) in a shell, go to the horde/config directory and to chmod a+w
conf.php (conf.php was copied from conf.php.dist in a previous step).

c) visit http://localhost/horde/ and click on Administration->Setup on
the left panel and then on the Horde (horde) link in the
Application-Status table.

d) you may configure at will, or not at all; however, when you click on
the [Generate Horde Configuration] button, the redirect loop starts and
lasts several minutes; when it ends, only the left panel is showing

I've done this procedure at least three times. On step (d) initially I
did configure many options under the several settings tabs, and thought
I had done something wrong there. A second time I configured less
things, to be safer, but hit the same bug. A third time I did not touch
any tabs, to verify that the bug does not depend on choices I had made.

Step (b) is critical to reproduce. If the file is not writable, Horde
behaves as expected.

Cheers,

Luciano