[horde] problem sending mail

dlc@cs.appstate.edu dlc at cs.appstate.edu
Tue Jul 11 10:37:43 PDT 2006

   I am having a problem sending mail through Horde/Imp.  First let me
say that I have Horde running successfully on two machines which both
have Redhat ES installed.  Both are built pretty much identical to
each other.  I used the horde installation on one machine to install
on the other so they would be the same configurations.  I can login
to both and read mail on both but on machine#2 I cant send mail out.
When I hit the send button I get a blank white screen and at the
bottom it says Done.   But the email is not sent and the screen
remains there until you cancel it out.  I have looked through the
logs but there is nothing.  It has to be something like a permission
problem but I dont see what it would be.   Horde is set to use
sendmail with -oi options.

   BTW:   I can use horde on machine1  to connect to machine2 and send
mail fine, its just when I use horde on machine2 to connect to imap on
machine2 that it wont send mail.

   Hope this isnt confusing ...if so I be glad to help clear it up.  I
am using all the latest versions of Horde and Imp.

   darryl