[horde] Change Database IP Got Something Strange ??

Manilal K M libregeek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 03:59:43 PDT 2006

On 23/08/06, james <g9224 at cs.nccu.edu.tw> wrote:

> Some reason I have to change Database IP.
>
> If i change database ip and modify $conf['sql']['hostspec'] in
> horde/config/conf.php.
>
> Then I will get some error like :
>
> DB Error: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: could not connect to
> server:
> Operation timed out  Is the server running on host
> &quot;xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx&quot;
> and accepting      TCP/IP connections on port 5432?] ** Array [on line 388
> of
> "/home/www/htdocs/horde/lib/Horde/Prefs/sql.php"]
>
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the old ip.
>
> And I saw in kronolith_events, mnemo_memos, nag_tasks, turba_objects
> tables,
> there have field name xxxx_uid, database's data will something like
> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at old-ip
>
> I think maybe this reason cause the error. Does anybody know how to solve
> it ?
> Thanks.
>
> This is not a Horde Error.
Probably you are running PostgreSQL without the " -i " option. Remember that
if you want to connect pgsql from IPs other than  localhost or
127.0.0.1then you have to run the  postmaster with  -i option. In
addition to this
you may also need to edit pg_hba.conf to get permission for the new IP.
Read more at:
Check your PostgreSQL configuration, especially pg_hba.conf.

regards
Manilal