[horde] Stable(ish) versions of WHUPS and Wicked

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Sep 20 17:53:47 PDT 2006

Quoting Seb Belcher <s.d.j.belcher at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Ben, that explains it.  Thing is, I an loathed to use HEAD Horde
> because this is a production system, I want to be able to trial these apps
> within the existing framework to see if the users actually find them useful.
>
> Is it possible to tell by looking at a snapshot whether it is at least all
> working, I'm worried that if I just grab an arbitrary snapshot on the day I
> decide to do the Horde upgrade it might have a bit of broken code in it and
> mess up the whole system.
>
> Forgive me if I'm underestimating the Horde team! There might never be broken
> snapshots, but the warning on the horde.org site is very clear; that
> snapshots might not work.

Right - of course sometimes they might be broken. There's a script
that prevents code that doesn't parse from being committed to the
repository, but that doesn't protect against logic errors.

I'm not sure how you would tell "just by looking" whether a given
piece of code was broken or not. Even if we had a full test suite and
test results posted with the snapshots, that still wouldn't let you
use HEAD modules with non-HEAD Horde.

Have you considered just doing a seperate install of HEAD for testing
other modules?

-chuck