[horde] Run Horde on a cluster?

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:39:07 PST 2007

I've got two machines running Horde; currently, I just direct users to
one or the other with a quick script.  I'd like, however, to use the
same CNAME to access both of them with a poor man's round-robin DNS
load balancer.

To this end, I've set the cookie domain to '.nebrwesleyan.edu' (the
domain of both machines).  I've also set both to use the MySQL session
handler, so they can draw their session information from a common
database.

What more do I need to do to make this work?  Currently, logins to
either server work, but sessions don't transfer to the other server.
I'm not even sure what debugging tools to use; most of the various
cookie viewer Firefox extensions I've tried have been of little to no
use.

Thanks!

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator