[horde] About default charset

eugenio vota eugenio.vota at arpnet.it
Wed Apr 11 07:07:45 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:

>Zitat von eugenio vota :
>

>>Anybody can explain to me how Horde switch over between the
>>different charset available for the same language?
>>
>>I installed exactly the same Horde 4.1.3 Imp 3.1.3 instance over 4
>>different server with UTF8 as default charset an
>>it_IT preferred language. Now when I login to the different server
>>from the same PC with the same bowser,
>>for two server I get the page UTF8 encoding, whereas the two others
>>server respond with ISO-8859-1 charset.
>>
>>The four servers have a slightly different version of Red Hat Linux,
>>but each have "locale" support for it_IT and it_IT.utf8
>>
>>As very noising side effect, now sending to me a message with UTF8
>>charset with one of the two server that got fallback
>>to ISO-8859-1, I receive the warning box that the message is writed
>>with a different charset.
>>

>I don't follow exactly what you are trying to say, but it sounds like
>some of your servers don't really support utf8 charsets, or use
>different names for it. How exactly do your locale listings look like,
>and is there any (subtle) difference between the servers?
>
>Jan.

I think yes, but I don't find where.  Each server have the same locale
support, for example:

for        " locale -a | grep it_IT "    I get:

server Answering ISO88591 	server Answering UTF8
it_IT                           it_IT
it_IT at euro                      it_IT at euro
it_IT.iso88591                  it_IT.iso88591
it_IT.iso885915 at euro            it_IT.iso885915 at euro
it_IT.utf8                      it_IT.utf8
it_IT.utf8 at euro                 it_IT.utf8 at euro

Where else I can look for ?

E.