[horde] Getting apache to dump core

Kevin Konowalec webadmin at ualberta.ca
Mon May 28 19:25:13 UTC 2007

Not really a horde-specific problem but I'm hoping someone here would
have an idea...

So we've recently upgraded from OpenBSD 3.8 to OpenBSD 4.1 on our
horde cluster.  Everything seems fine and dandy so far except that
now all of a sudden I'm seeing the following messages in my apache
error log:

May 28 13:07:27 src at dwc1 httpd[19972]: [info] server seems busy, (you
may need to increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning
16 children, there are 26 idle, and 51 total children
May 28 13:07:57 src at dwc1 httpd[8848]: [info] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
(32)Broken pipe: client stopped connection before send mmap completed
May 28 13:08:07 src at dwc1 httpd[19972]: [notice] child pid 25356 exit
signal Segmentation fault (11)

I'm most concerned about the segmentation faults (which I wasn't
seeing on the old server running 3.8 with older versions of horde/
imp).  The problem is I can't get the child processes to dump core to
find out why they're segfaulting.  Can anyone suggest a way to make
it happen?

Thanks!