[horde] LDAP authentication with Active Directory;

fawkers A.M.Pickett.1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:18:54 UTC 2007

LDAP authentication with Active Directory;

Hi;

I’m trying to set-up horde to authenticate off of a domain controller at
192.168.0.1 which is running Windows Server 2003 EE, with authorized access
to all uses in the Users OU, the domain is adams.local

My LDAP settings are below;

Hostspec 192.168.0.1
Dasedn ou=Users,dc=adams,dc=local
Binddn dc=adams,dc=users
Password ‘a dedicated horde users password’
Version 3
Ad TRUE
Uid ldap (the users login name)
Encryption md5-hex

When I try to login as an user I get the following error ‘Could not bind to
the LDAP server’.

Can anyone see where I have gone wrong or have an example conf to share. I
cant find one for AD anywhere.

Thanks

.Adam