[horde] Horde imp Webmail user Login Fails with Error [login failed]

Pat Taylor gowireless at giganetwireless.com
Thu Jul 26 18:27:59 UTC 2007

Vilius Šumskas <vilius <at> lnk.lt> writes:

> Sveiki,
>
> > Pat Taylor <gowireless <at> giganetwireless.com> writes:
>
> > My Own followup:
>
> > In looking over the 'psa-horde.log' I found that
> > all login failures listed the same reason.
> > Jul 25 11:28:29 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN
> > 67.142.130.44 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as
> > president <at> giganetwireless.com [on line 258 of
> > "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
>
> > I utilize VSAT for Internet connectivity.
> > so the IP 67.142.130.44 is the
> > satellite IP and my terminal IP is 72.169.152.210.
> > This hasn't caused any
> > problems anywhere else.
>
> > SO I snagged 'imp.php' from the server. Line 258
> > is at the end of this 'else' test.
> > That else test is referring to FAILED LOGIN
>
> > I hope this followup may help somehow??
>
> Try disabling IP address check in Horde config.

Thank you for the reply Vilius...

I modifed the line you mention above at:
/usr/share/psa-horde/config/conf.php
from 'true' to 'false'
I am not sure if this was needed but I
did a /etc/rc.d/init/sshd restart
after modifying 'conf.php' and then I
attempted to log onto Horde imp Webmail
with the same results, back at the login
screen being told the 'Login Failed'.

When I look at the 'psa-horde.log' I see
the failed login attempt with the same
info as before.

What else could you suggest I try to
overcome not being able to login?