[horde] Groupware issues

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Aug 15 13:34:31 UTC 2007

Hello Ashley M. Kirchner,

you wrote:
>  I turned on errors
> display.  No difference. [... ] Looking in the server logs I can see the
> user successfully authenticated and that's as far as it goes.

The authentication entry is in one log, the PHP erors are logged elsewhere.
Have you indeed looked in the PHP error log?

Cf. <http://wiki.horde.org/FAQ/Admin/Troubleshoot?referrer=FAQ%2FAdmin#toc2>.

> When I ran /horde/imp/test.php, I was able to successfully connect
> to the IMAP server and the page gave me the various options available
> for the server.  It was able to tell me how many messages, how many
> unread and all.  So I know that it does work.  Just not through
> Groupware login.

horde/imp/test.php is using the c-client only, not the PHP-based IMAP client,
so your PHP/PEAR installation may still be incomplete, or buggy.

Early this year, I had a similar problem and traced it down to a buggy
fsockopen (PHP standard routine), cf. <http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=4943>.
As my colleague in charge of maintaining the PHP installation on
that server did not succeed in getting it correctly running, I ended up
with my Webmail server installed on a different host with a different
operating system; there it runs satisfactorily.

Good luck,
   Otto Stolz