[horde] homedir based on uid and not username

Leland J. Steinke steinkel at ctinetworks.com
Tue Oct 23 20:22:49 UTC 2007

Jan Schneider wrote:

> Yes, this should be possible, using the _username_from/to_backend hooks.

OK, I've done this (used _username_{from,to}_backend hooks to create a
handle for storing horde data in such a way as a user can change their
username but not lose their horde settings).  Now I find that horde is
trying to use the handle for accessing non-horde services, such as FTP
storage of ingo scripts and LDAP lookups for group memberships.  Some of
these I can work around, but others, like having to add the handle for
an "Individual User" when updating share permissions, rather than just
their current username, are proving rather problematic.  Interestingly,
in this last case, the username is presented after the permissions are
updated.

Am I doing this incorrectly?  Are my expectations excessive?  Is this a
Horde problem, but not a big enough problem to merit more attention?  I
can accept positive answers to any of these three questions.

thanks,
Leland
--
Leland Steinke