[horde] module conf.php's

Otto Stolz Otto.Stolz at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Nov 27 14:37:04 UTC 2007

Hello,

sorry for having read, and answered, your question only partially,
in the first place.

You wrote:
> I have [...] downloaded several
> modules (imp,kronolith, nag) and untared them into the horde dir,
> changing them to the simplified name (imp, etc). When I initially
> clicked on "mail" etc. I got an error message saying conf.php and
> several other files are missing:

WRT the "other files",
<http://www.horde.org/imp/docs/?f=INSTALL.html#configuring-imp> says:
   To configure IMP, change to the imp/config/ directory of the
   installed distribution, and make copies of all of the configuration
   dist files without the dist suffix

> no conf.php's ever get created after numerous trials. I have tried
> chown -R apache:apache and chmod -R 777  the directories.

Apache needs rwx right on the directory imp/config/,
as well as rw rights on the imp/config/conf.php,
and imp/config/conf.php.bak, files. Likewise for
the other modules. The following rights work for me:
   rights      usr   grp  file
   drwxr-xr-x  stolz rz   ./
   -rw-rw-r--  stolz www  conf.php
   -rw-rw-r--  stolz www  conf.php.bak