[horde] Horde framework for a large Web based project and more ...

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Feb 22 04:35:24 UTC 2008

Quoting Elier Delgado <elier.delgado at gmail.com>:

> Horde it's very good, maybe better, but I don't like see how other
> frameworks and system grow very
> much faster, adding many of the funcionalities that maybe I will need in the
> future, and I will must
> developt in Horde if finally I select them.
>
> What we can do to revert this situation, make Horde more accessible, more
> interesting, most popular,
> how to involve more user to develop for this.
>
> I'm very interesting in do this changes, because I like Horde very much,
> but I want to know the opinion of the community,
> maybe we can start a more flexible version for horde, oriented in this way.

Improving our marketing and documentation of Horde as a standalone
framework is one of the major goals for Horde 4. We've got a good
start with libraries like Routes (http://dev.horde.org/routes/), Rdo,
etc. And we've been working with some large users of Horde to get more
participation and to make sure we're working on the right things.

So I generally agree with your assessment, but we are actively working
on it, and I think Horde 4 is going to be very exciting in this regard.

Best,
-chuck