[horde] Horde Webmail authentification methods

Petar Kazakov petar.kazakov at dobrosoft.com
Thu Apr 17 08:50:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I'm a newbee in Horde :-)

I'm trying to install it but it causing me some head aches.

So my question is next, how I can set the auth method that I want to use.

It seams that it select the best one out of CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, LOGIN,
PLAIN, which appears to be CRAM-MD5 and my mail server is bitching about
that

received auth request, service=imap, authtype=cram-md5

authvchkpw: REJECT - try next module

authpam only handles authtype=login

Is there a variable that I can setup in the config.php, something like
user_method and it will be used instead of the best one?

I found in the source that there is such variable and compares with it, but
so far I can't get how it needs to be entered in the conf.php and which
config fail (Horde, IMP or Pear).

And unfortunately I didn't sow anything in the docs, and I wasn't able to
find something in the FAQs and old mails.

I'll be very grateful if some one point me in the right direction :-).

Thanks in advance

Peter