[horde] Horde Webmail authentification methods

Steve Devine sd at msu.edu
Thu Apr 17 10:14:31 UTC 2008

Petar Kazakov wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm a newbee in Horde :-)
>
> I'm trying to install it but it causing me some head aches.
>
> So my question is next, how I can set the auth method that I want to use.
>
> It seams that it select the best one out of CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5, LOGIN,
> PLAIN, which appears to be CRAM-MD5 and my mail server is bitching about
> that
>

> received auth request, service=imap, authtype=cram-md5
>
> authvchkpw: REJECT - try next module
>
> authpam only handles authtype=login
>

> Is there a variable that I can setup in the config.php, something like
> user_method and it will be used instead of the best one?
>
> I found in the source that there is such variable and compares with it, but
> so far I can't get how it needs to be entered in the conf.php and which
> config fail (Horde, IMP or Pear).
>
> And unfortunately I didn't sow anything in the docs, and I wasn't able to
> find something in the FAQs and old mails.
>

> I'll be very grateful if some one point me in the right direction :-).
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Peter

If you are using imp to auth to an existing imap server than follow the
same rules you would use if configuring an imap client.
in horde/config/conf.php
$conf['auth']['params']['app'] = 'imp';
$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'application';

then in imp/config/servers.php set the configs like a imap client
also make sure 'hordeauth' => false,'

/sd

--
Steve Devine