[horde] I can't install SyncML and XML_WBXML

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed May 21 23:32:40 UTC 2008

Quoting Alexa Rodríguez <avrodriguez at jusbaires.gov.ar>:

> But now, I have other question: The package String does no exist?

The Horde String class is part of the Horde_Util package.

> Look, I am trying setup a simple SyncML server for connect clients
> Funambol and I see that the packages XML_WBXML, iCalendar and NLS are
> very old...of year 1996.

No, nothing is from 1996.

> Why are very old  the versions?

Because Horde 3.2 and before haven't made use of pear.horde.org as a
distribution mechanism. So only packages that are actively promoted
for external use, like Horde_Routes, get regular releases there so
far. If you want up-to-date versions of everything, you should get a
snapshot of the framework module, or grab the libs from a recent Horde
release, or just check it out of CVS. See http://horde.org/source/.

-chuck