[horde] Horde cyrsql driver

Aleksey Chudov aleksey at bb.lv
Thu Jun 26 08:03:11 UTC 2008

  Hi, thank you for quick answer.
> Hi,
>
> You config looks fine except couple parameters:
>> $conf['auth']['params']['encryption'] = 'md5-hex';
>>

> As far as I remember web-cyradm uses crypt or crypt-des encryption methods.
> But if you CAN login into Horde but CAN'T in IMP this should not be the
> problem.

I have $CRYPT = "md5"; in my web-cyradm configuration.

>> horde/imp/config/servers.php
>>
>> $servers['cyrus'] = array(
>>     'name' => 'mail.mydomain',
>>     'server' => 'frontend1.mydomain',
>>     'hordeauth' => true,
> Try 'hordeauth' => 'full' to pass username and domain name to IMP from
> Horde.

Yes, I try it before. I can create new user with horde.

MySQL:

TABLE accountuser:
username         password    domain_name
user                 <PASS>     mydomain

TABLE virtual:
alias                   dest                   username
user at domain   user at domain    user

Cyradm:

user/user/Drafts at mydomain (\HasNoChildren)
user/user/Sent at mydomain (\HasNoChildren)
user/user/Spam at mydomain (\HasNoChildren)
user/user/Trash at mydomain (\HasNoChildren)
user/user at mydomain (\HasChildren)

I specify 'hordeauth' => 'full'. I can login to horde but get the
following error:

HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for user at mydomain [<IP>] to Horde
[pid 22210 on line 138 of "/usr/local/horde/login.php"]
HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for user at mydomain [<IP>] to
{frontend1.mydomain:143 [imap/notls]} [pid 21240 on line 139 of
"/usr/local/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

My Cyrus IMAP authenticates trough Saslauthd + PAM MySQL. PAM takes user
name directly from accountuser : username (without @mydomain in my case).
So if I use 'hordeauth' => 'horde' I can login to IMP (but can't see
mailbox) and if I use 'hordeauth' => 'full' I can't login to IMP at all.
May be here is a problem?

>>     'protocol' => 'imap/notls',
>>     'port' => 143,
>>     'maildomain' => 'mydomain',
>>     'smtphost' => 'frontend1.mydomain',
>>     'smtpport' => 25,
>>     'realm' => '',
>>     'preferred' => '',
>>     'admin' => array(
>>         'params' => array(
>>             'login' => 'cyrus',
>>             'password' => '<PASSWORD>',
>>             'userhierarchy' => 'user/',
>
> Do you really are using such user hierarchy? In common cases it is 'user.'

I have unixhierarchysep: yes in my imapd.conf. Look at Cyradm output above.

>> As I can see it is because Horde creates cyrus mailbox as user at domain
>> but insert into MySQL username without domain.
>
> You should be fine here. Horde uses domain_name field to determine the
> domain to where user belongs to.

But Web-Cyradm can't understand this accounts :(

>> 2. After switch to $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'cyrsql'; I can't change
>> IMP mode on login screen. Is it possible?
>>

> You mean mode switching from IMP to DIMP or MIMP? No, not currently.
Yes. It is not good. May be there is some hook to do this?

--
Regards, Aleksey
Business & The Baltics

    tel.: (+371) 67033006, (+371) 28348833