[horde] Horde cyrsql driver

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu Jun 26 08:22:48 UTC 2008

Aleksey Chudov <aleksey at bb.lv> rašė:

> I specify 'hordeauth' => 'full'. I can login to horde but get the
> following error:
>
> HORDE [notice] [horde] Login success for user at mydomain [<IP>] to
> Horde [pid 22210 on line 138 of "/usr/local/horde/login.php"]
> HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for user at mydomain [<IP>] to
> {frontend1.mydomain:143 [imap/notls]} [pid 21240 on line 139 of
> "/usr/local/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
>
> My Cyrus IMAP authenticates trough Saslauthd + PAM MySQL. PAM takes
> user name directly from accountuser : username (without @mydomain in
> my case).
> So if I use 'hordeauth' => 'horde' I can login to IMP (but can't see
> mailbox) and if I use 'hordeauth' => 'full' I can't login to IMP at
> all.
> May be here is a problem?

That's probably your problem. pam_mysql doesn't look at domain_name
field at all. I solved this problem myself by throwing pam_mysql and
saslauthd away and using SASL auxprop-sql module instead.

>>> As I can see it is because Horde creates cyrus mailbox as user at domain
>>> but insert into MySQL username without domain.
>>
>> You should be fine here. Horde uses domain_name field to determine the
>> domain to where user belongs to.
>>

> But Web-Cyradm can't understand this accounts :(

Strange, when I were using Web-Cyradm it used exactly this structure
to determine full username. I added it to Horde Cyrsql driver myself
because of this.

>>> 2. After switch to $conf['auth']['driver'] = 'cyrsql'; I can't change
>>> IMP mode on login screen. Is it possible?
>>>

>> You mean mode switching from IMP to DIMP or MIMP? No, not currently.
> Yes. It is not good. May be there is some hook to do this?

No I'm aware about.

--
   Best Regards,

   Vilius