[horde] Horde cyrsql driver

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Thu Jun 26 11:52:04 UTC 2008

> Please show me you SASL auxprop-sql configuration.

pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: sql
mech_list: PLAIN LOGIN
password_format: crypt
sql_user: mail
sql_passwd: password
sql_hostnames: localhost
sql_database: mail
sql_select: select password from accountuser where username = '%u' and
domain_name = '%r'

You will also need cyrus-sasl crypt/md5 password patch (there are couple of
them floating around), because by default it doesn't support encrypted
passwords.

If you have more questions about Cyrus SASL configuration we should probably
take this of the list as it is not related to Horde.

> > I was looking at it recently. CyrSQL driver really needs a rewrite,
> but I'm still not sure how to handle all possible backend
> implementations properly.
>
> If you need another beta tester let me know.
>
> If you want to try web-cyradm 0.5.5 you probably need freenames patch
> create users like user1, user2, user3 in default domain and like
> user1 at domain, user2 at domain, user3 at domain in virtual domains. You also
> need transport patch for web-cyradm to deliver messages directly with
> LMTP because Cyrus transport is now deprecated. Unfortunately Luc
> DeLouw
> does not have enough time to maintain web-cyradm. If you need help with
> correct configuration let me know.

Precisely because all of these reasons I don't use web-cyradm at all
anymore. Horde currently handles user creation and deletion very good for
me. The only thing that I'm missing and want to have in the GUI is aliased
emails. E.g. user1 at example.com -> user2 at example.com.

--
  Vilius