[horde] Constant New Mail Notifications

John Campbell johnpaulcampbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:10:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm in the process if migrating my users from an Outlook/POP setup to
IMAP with Horde as webmail client. So far, it's been going well. I'm
very impressed with Horde and have been using it exclusively for
several months now without issue. Good work! We're using Horde
Groupware (Webmail Edition) 1.2.

However,  I have one user who is having some strange problems with new
mail notifications that can only be reproduced on her workstation
(Windows XP SP2) and browser (Firefox 3.05). During a typical session
this user will receive an email and get the bell and pop-up advising
that a new message has been received. She'll open the message and it
will be marked as read. From that point on, any page refresh or change
of page/folder will generate the same notification of the new mail
that was just read even though it has been marked as read. Also, if
another new message is received the notification will advise that
there are now two new messages even though there is only one. This
will continue through the session.

This is a pretty major annoyance for my user and I've haven't been
able to solve it or find anything about this problem in the mailing
list archives.  I reset her preferences but this has had no effect.

Any assistance or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

--john campbell