[horde] horde dyndns googlemail

cozmo c_o_z_m_o at gmx.de
Thu Apr 16 10:22:57 UTC 2009

Hello again,

maybe it is interesting for somebody I updated the conf.php with following
information and now the smtp sending works. I have not tried this with
googlemail but I suppose it should also work similar.

You can also use the administrator login. Then go to: Administration -
Setup- Horde - Mailer

$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'smtp.sever.de';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 25;
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = 'LOGIN';
$conf['mailer']['params']['username'] = 'usernamexxx';
$conf['mailer']['params']['password'] = 'passwordxxx';
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

> Sure. Fetchmail fetches the emails from my email providers and sends
> them to my IMAP-Server called Cyrus. A component of Cyrus, called
> sieve, filters the emails and sorts them into the folders. For the
> configuration of sieve I use the Horde-Module "Ingo". For sending
> emails I use the SMTP-Server postfix.
> IMP connects to my local IMAP-Server for receiving and to my local
> SMTP for sending emails. So basically IMP doesn't know anything about
> the "real" email account. It will use the local account, postfix takes
> care of everything else.

Florian I have a question about the topic above.

I understood everything with the receiving of emails but I'm still a little
bit confused how the sending is realized.

What I understood is that you connect to horde with the local imap account.
There you have on the left side folders for your different "real" email
accounts (gmail, gmx etc) Now you are able to read all your emails which you
have perviously collected with fetchmail.
The question I have is how do you select from which emailaccount you send
messages. I understood that you use local smtp and probably you just say to
use a different identity. Is it possible to select this identity before
sending emails within Horde-IMP? Or do you send all the time from one
account (your local with your local identity) ? If it is possible to select
different identities how do you set up horde to realize that.

What I want is similar to Outlook. There you have also the possibility to
receive emails for the different accounts and to select the identity with
which you send the email.

> And I can really recommend that setup, at least for applications
> similar to my own. Sieve is great for filtering, and IMP is really
> nice as a frontend for emails. I always wanted to document my setup on
> my homepage. Maybe it's time now to do this now... :)

Would be a good Idea ;-) I suppose a lot of people would need / read it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kind regards,
Sepp

-------- Original-Nachricht --------