[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Apr 23 20:45:41 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 05:54 +1000, Simon Wilson wrote:

> I must be doing something wrong or mis-understanding something?
>
> My sources.php Shared Address Book is as follows (it's just the
> default one from sources.php.dist, enabled):
>
> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>       'title' => _("Shared Directory"),
>       'type' => 'ldap',
>       'params' => array(
>           'server' => 'server01.simonandkate.lan',
>           'port' => 389,
>           'tls' => true,
>           'root' => 'ou=shared_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan',
>           'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $_ldap_uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,
>           'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
<snip>

> If anyone can shed any light on how I need to change that to make LDAP
> accept Turba-created Contact Lists as well as Contacts (which work
> perfectly) it would be much appreciated.
>
> This is a brilliant set of software applications, and this is about
> the only functionality that i have not been able to get working yet...
> :(
----
just before the configuration you presented, my setup defines
variables...

$uid = Auth::getBareAuth();
$basedn = 'dc=azapple,dc=com';

consider changing...

'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $_ldap_uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,
'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,

assuming that you have previously defined $_ldap_basedn  & $_ldap_uid it
should have worked. Using the variable declarations that I have above,
my setup works.

Craig

believed to be clean.