[horde] Turba LDAP Contact Lists

Simon Wilson simon at simonandkate.net
Thu Apr 23 21:01:10 UTC 2009

Quoting Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com>:

> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 05:54 +1000, Simon Wilson wrote:
>
>> I must be doing something wrong or mis-understanding something?
>>
>> My sources.php Shared Address Book is as follows (it's just the
>> default one from sources.php.dist, enabled):
>>
>> $cfgSources['localldap'] = array(
>>       'title' => _("Shared Directory"),
>>       'type' => 'ldap',
>>       'params' => array(
>>           'server' => 'server01.simonandkate.lan',
>>           'port' => 389,
>>           'tls' => true,
>>           'root' =>
'ou=shared_addressbook,dc=simonandkate,dc=lan',
>>           'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $_ldap_uid . ',ou=users,' .
$_ldap_basedn,
>>           'bind_password' => Auth::getCredential('password'),
> <snip>
>>
>> If anyone can shed any light on how I need to change that to make
LDAP
>> accept Turba-created Contact Lists as well as Contacts (which work
>> perfectly) it would be much appreciated.
>>
>> This is a brilliant set of software applications, and this is
about
>> the only functionality that i have not been able to get working
yet...
>> :(
> ----
> just before the configuration you presented, my setup defines
> variables...
>
> $uid = Auth::getBareAuth();
> $basedn = 'dc=azapple,dc=com';
>
> consider changing...
>
> 'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $_ldap_uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,
> 'bind_dn' => 'uid=' . $uid . ',ou=users,' . $_ldap_basedn,
>
> assuming that you have previously defined $_ldap_basedn  &
$_ldap_uid it
> should have worked. Using the variable declarations that I have
above,
> my setup works.
>
> Craig

> believed to be clean.

Thanks Craig... I actually have those lines at the head of sources.php
(the bit I quoted was just the Shared Address Book component), and the
Contacts functionality works a treat. The problem occurs when trying
to create a Contact List in LDAP as Turba doesn't present enough
information for the requested Object Classes' mandatory attributes to
be satisfied with the config as it is - I get an objectClass Violation
message.

--
Simon Wilson
www.simonandkate.net