[horde] ingo H3 (1.2.1) and dovecot-managesieve

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Thu Jul 9 11:55:27 UTC 2009

Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get this working for days now ...
>
> The server is some older Suse 10.1, but with current dovecot-1.2.0.
>
> php5-5.1.2-29.45, apache2-2.2.0-21.7,
> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2
>
> # pear5 list
> Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
> Package        Version State
> Archive_Tar    1.3.1   stable
> Console_Getopt 1.2     stable
> DB             1.7.12  stable
> Date           1.4.7   stable
> Log            1.9.11  stable
> Mail           1.1.14  stable
> Net_Sieve      1.1.6   stable
> Net_Socket     1.0.9   stable
> PEAR           1.4.6   stable
> XML_RPC        1.5.1   stable
>
> (yeah, not the most current stuff ...)
>
> --
>
> My problem is that I am not able to store sieve-scripts via Ingo.
> I configured backends.php to contact the managesieve-server on the same box:
>
> $backends['sieve'] = array(
> 'driver' => 'timsieved',
> 'preferred' => 'localhost',
> 'hordeauth' => full,
> 'params' => array(
> 'hostspec' => 'localhost',
> 'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
> 'usetls' => false,
> 'port' => 2000,
> 'scriptname' => 'ingo',
> ),
> 'script' => 'sieve',
> 'scriptparams' => array(),
> 'shares' => false
> );
>
> (The file is read as I checked it by putting nonsense into it which
> threw quite some errors ....)
>
> managesieve listens on *:2000, I tested this by contacting it via
> telnet, I was able to uploads scripts there.
>
> I was also able to edit scripts via the thunderbird-sieve-addon ...
>
> I tried usetls "true" and "false", hordeauth "full" and "true" ...
>
> -
>
> But ingo always gives me: "Not currently in TRANSACTION state" when I
> try to save my filters.
>
> I don't know where to look for errors, I see no errors in /var/log/mail,
> /var/log/messages, apaches error.log, php.log :-(
>
> Could someone tell me if I have to look for some specific packages maybe?
>
> Some pear-pkg in some specific release needed?
>
> Something missing (ingos test.php looks OK)?
>
> Maybe how to increase the loglevel to find the problem?
>
> I would really appreciate some help on this as I work on this for days
> now .... *sigh*
>
> Thanks in advance, Stefan

Hi Stefan

i have working, no problems

/* Sieve Example */
$backends['sieve'] = array(
    'driver' => 'timsieved',
    'preferred' => 'example.com',
    'hordeauth' => full,
    'params' => array(
        // Hostname of the timsieved server
        'hostspec' => 'your_ip_here',
        // Login type of the server
        'logintype' => 'PLAIN',
        // Enable/disable TLS encryption
        'usetls' => false,
        // Port number of the timsieved server
        'port' => 2000,
        // Name of the sieve script
        'scriptname' => 'ingo',
        // The following settings can be used to specify an administration
        // user to update all users' scripts. If you want to use an admin
        // user, you also need to disable 'hordeauth' above. You have to use
        // an admin user if you want to use shared rules.
        // 'username' => 'cyrus',
        // 'password' => '*****',
    ),
    'script' => 'sieve',
    'scriptparams' => array(),
    'shares' => false
);

with sieve dovecot 1.2 managesieve
Filter (ingo)  H3 (1.2.1)
ubuntu hardy

i dont see great difference to yours
but you should  control it twice

pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package           Version  State
Archive_Tar       1.3.2    stable
Cache             1.5.5RC4 beta
Console_Getopt    1.2.3    stable
DB                1.7.13   stable
Date              1.4.7    stable
File              1.3.0    stable
HTTP_Request      1.4.2    stable
Log               1.9.11   stable
MDB2              2.4.1    stable
MDB2_Driver_mysql 1.4.1    stable
Net_DIME          0.3      beta
Net_FTP           1.3.2    stable
Net_URL           1.0.15   stable
PEAR              1.6.1    stable
SOAP              0.11.0   beta
Services_Weather  1.4.2    stable
Structures_Graph  1.0.2    stable
XML_Serializer    0.18.0   beta
XML_Util          1.1.4    stable

however i hope this ifo leads to debug your problem
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria