[horde] Install horde from scratch with a git/cvs

Robert McAuley rmcauley at ca.afilias.info
Thu Aug 20 17:26:13 UTC 2009

Michael Rubinsky wrote:

> I stopped replying because I answered the particular question and did
> not receive any further questions. Additionally, the wiki was updated
> after that email to correct the order the libraries are installed since
> the Cli library was moved from CVS to Git.  The email you refer to above
> is an answer to a different specific issue as you can see in the quoted
> text - it's about the script not finding the src or dest directories.

That's my mistake then.  I'll try again from the docs.

> While I appreciate the frustration at incomplete docs, please keep in
> mind that this is very much still bleeding edge code. That, compounded
> with the fact that we are in transition from one source code repository
> to another makes setting up the development environment somewhat tricky
> for some people. While we try to make every effort to make installation
> of a development environment as close to (as you put it) "copy and
> paste" as we can - we do expect a certain level of ability from the
> people running bleeding edge code - like the ability to set an include
> path in the php.ini file.

I understand that you're moving source repositories and that can be difficult. (I admitted as much in one of my first emails that it may just be best to wait it out)

> That being said, thank you for providing constructive feedback on what
> does and what does not work so we may continue to improve the docs.

No, thank you for providing continual free support.  I'll get back on my task of installing Horde from CVS and try to provide more feedback or directly edit the wiki for the help of others.

- Rob