[horde] Account admin interface and so on

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 30 18:59:07 UTC 2009

Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:

>> I just find out a http://www.horde.org/sork/ project with aliases and
>> passwords admin interface but without accounts creation feature and vilma
>> project looks very beta. That is strange.
>
> Sork does only use file based config like .forward files as far as i
>  know and Vilma is more dead than alive unfortunately.

No, sork supports many formats (ldap, sql, etc) but it isn't really user
management (can't create/delete accounts, etc).  And it is rather on its
last legs too, since Horde and/or ingo will take over all the functions
sork provides in good time...

>> How do you manage you webmail accounts?
>> I hope, its not 'postfixadmin'  =)
>
> We use web-cyradm but we would for sure prefer Vilma to only install
>  one app for user management.

It depends on your needs.  Horde may or may not meet your needs, depending
on your account backend (ldap, sql, pam/passwd, etc) and your needs
(create, delete, rename, aliases, password, etc).  It provides different
level of support for different configurations.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.