[horde] Account admin interface and so on

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Wed Dec 2 10:24:33 UTC 2009

Zitat von Eric Jon Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>>> I just find out a http://www.horde.org/sork/ project with aliases and
>>> passwords admin interface but without accounts creation feature and vilma
>>> project looks very beta. That is strange.
>>
>> Sork does only use file based config like .forward files as far as
>> i  know and Vilma is more dead than alive unfortunately.
>
> No, sork supports many formats (ldap, sql, etc) but it isn't really user
> management (can't create/delete accounts, etc).  And it is rather on its
> last legs too, since Horde and/or ingo will take over all the functions
> sork provides in good time...
>
>>> How do you manage you webmail accounts?
>>> I hope, its not 'postfixadmin'  =)
>>
>> We use web-cyradm but we would for sure prefer Vilma to only
>> install  one app for user management.
>
> It depends on your needs.  Horde may or may not meet your needs, depending
> on your account backend (ldap, sql, pam/passwd, etc) and your needs
> (create, delete, rename, aliases, password, etc).  It provides different
> level of support for different configurations.

As said it is more a matter of MTA config settings. We already use
Horde/Ingo/IMP/Turba with SQL-Backend and IMAP-Auth and user
create/delete/password is not the problem. What we are looking for is
some interface to set the e-mail aliases for the users in a form
suitable for the MTA in question (Postfix). This is what Vilma seems
to aim at, if it gets alive one day.

Regards

Andreas