[horde] "sendmail returned error code 127"

tom burkart horde at aussec.com
Tue Jan 12 00:07:19 UTC 2010

Quoting Spyros Tsiolis <stsiol at yahoo.co.uk>:

> So, as I said, managed to re-install.
> I put horde-Framework under /var/www/horde and
> horde-webmail under /var/www/webmail
As I have said before, that if you want lots of pain then do it that way.

> Horde-Framework seems like a nightmare to fine-tune and configure.
As the framework is part of the webmail you will get those options
there as well...

> So I went ahead and installed Horde-Webmail under /var/www/webmail
It is more preferable in terms of first time setting up to have it
under /var/www/horde assuming it will appear as
http(s)://hostname/horde/

> Checked everything that you chaps said I should check.
> Indeed, there is a line in "/var/www/webmail/config/conf.php" that says :
> --
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('Administrator');
> --
As I said before "Administrator" needs to become the user name that
you log in to IMP as and want administrator privileges for.  Ie. this
needs to be changed to a real user name _before_ it will work.

> http://www.horde.org/horde now works fine under "/var/www/horde"
> and
> http://www.horde.org/webmail now lives under "/var/www/webmail"
This will only work properly if you change a pile of settings to make
it work.  For a first time install you are going to cause lots of
frustration and pain for yourself.

I would recommend to you to _only_ install the webmail package under
/var/www/horde to save yourself needless frustration and pain.  The
base Horde framework is part of the webmail package so that there is
no need to separately install it.
Also make sure the Administrator user becomes one or more of your local users.

tom