[horde] How to find turba syncml subscription URL?

Tim Watts tw at dionic.net
Tue Mar 16 23:39:43 UTC 2010

On 16/03/2010 22:33, Michael J. Rubinsky wrote:

> Quoting Tim Watts <tw at dionic.net>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just got a recon iPhone and managed with little effort to subsribe to
>> several calendars using the Synthesis SyncML fre addon. Works
>> beautifully - good show chaps!
>>

>> However, wheras kronolith will show me the SyncML URL in Manage
>> Calendars, Turba won't.
>>
>> How do I dertermine the URL to feed the iPhone for each (or at least
>> one) of my address books?
>
> Not familiar with the iPhone syncml client, but generally, the url to
> feed to syncml clients would be the path to rpc.php -
> http://example.com/horde/rpc.php
>
> Then you would tell syncml which databases to sync. For turba, that
> would be 'contacts' and for kronolith it would be 'calendar'.

Hmm. I was looking more for something like:

https://diary.dionic.net/rpc.php/kronolith/tw/b79cdf6f835170e1bfc7da5750f37e18.ics

Which is a real one from my setup.

If I email that to myself and click the URL on the iPhone (with
Synthesis installed), it asks me to verify the SSL cert, then asks for a
username and password. After that, it becomes an automagic persistent
seperate calendar with full (AFAICT) synchronisation - very cool.

I've read all the SyncML docs I can find, and they do mention the same
sort of technique you do, but I can't seem to get it to behave.

So far, all I've managed with contacts is to export a VCARD dump, email
that to myself and do a merge on the iPhone. That works very well, but
not as cool as proper 2 way sync.

Cheers

Tim