[horde] imp servers.php quota config still checking after removal of config

mtecles at biof.ufrj.br mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Jun 22 19:28:50 UTC 2010

I use a different implementation. I modified the following files:
imp/lib/Quota.php, imp/lib/IMP.php and imp/lib/Quota/command.php. Any
way, I have changed permission to run quota command (not sudo):

chmod  +s  /usr/bin/quota

Did you restart your web server?

Mauricio

On 22 Jun 2010 at 14:49, Max Hetrick wrote:

> After playing around with trying to get quotas to display by configuring
> the settings in imp/config/servers.php yesterday, today I needed to
> start all over again. I removed all the configurations I had entered
> into servers.php. Also, since I was trying to get this to work with the
> quota driver command for UNIX quotas, it was shown to use sudo to try to
> execute the quota call.
>
> sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo
>
> I used visudo as I'm used to doing to remove the sudo calls after
> deleting the servers.php entries. I restarted httpd on the server as
> well after doing all of this, yet everytime an authenticated user
> refreshes their inbox, I'm getting errors in my httpd/error_log stating
> that sudo has to have a tty.
>
> Also, I'm getting errors from Horde saying that it's unable to retrieve
> quota.
>
> www HORDE[1458]: [imp] Unable to retrieve quota [pid 1458 on line 1009
> of "/var/www/html/webgroupware/imp/lib/IMP.php"]
>
> I understand both of these errors: apache has no authentication to call
> sudo at the moment, and imp is unable to retrieve the quota. But, how
> are these errors even possible when I've removed the configurations from
> servers.php?
>
> I know some items in Horde, like user preferences, once configured in
> the user's interface, are forever their preferences. There is no
> "global" setting to default them back, which to me is a design flaw
> because then you're stuck with preferences in the database, but I digress.
>
> Do settings once put into configuration .php files, such as
> imp/config/servers.php, also work the same with dumping something into
> the database? I certainly hope this isn't the case. Perhaps I'm
> overlooking something, but any ideas what to check out?
>
> Thanks!
> Max

Mauricio J. T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho - UFRJ
Edificio do Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Bloco G
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Cidade Universitaria, Ilha do Fundao
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Brasil