[horde] Fw: viewing html content ? - CONTINUED ! :-)

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at dada.net
Tue Nov 16 16:52:39 UTC 2010

Please don't top post - Even Outlook (like mine) can be set not to do it.

Spyros

Configuring Horde has given me a lot of pleasure over the last year, because it's a sure steady process - Google is your friend in most cases.  Because in most cases, these questions have been answered before.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=horde+allow+html+imp give these results:

http://www.forum.psoft.net/pda/index.php/t-15343.html

http://www.horde.org/imp/docs/?f=INSTALL.html which says:

By default, IMP is configured to NOT display text/html message parts inline. This is done for various security reasons. If you would like to see text/html parts inline, you must make this change in imp/config/mime_drivers.php:

$mime_drivers['imp']['html']['inline'] = true;

Did you do that?

You shouldn't have to, but you can restart Apache afterwards if you still see no change.  However, when I made this change I didn't have to.

Additionally, though your users may have to change some settings.  In IMP, Options, Message Viewing, you will find these options:

	Filter message content for profanity?
	Show an icon to allow stripping of attachments from messages?
X	Block images in HTML messages unless they are specifically requested?
X	Automatically show images in HTML messages when the sender is in my address book?
X	Mark different levels of quoting with different colors?
X	Mark simple markup?

Definitely 3 and 4 should be checked.  And 6 too.

Simon