[horde] Error after upgrading from RC2 to FINAL

Michael Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Apr 9 16:28:40 UTC 2011

Quoting Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> Mmm I seems to get stuck on this active sync thing...
>
> Horde resides in /var/www/htdocs/horde4/
>
> Horde is configured as this:
>
> ActiveSync: enabled
> State Storage Settings:   horde_activesync_device
> Name of table to hold device information:      horde_activesync_state
> Name of table to hold state data:     horde_activesync_map
> Name of table to hold mapping data for device-sent changes:
> horde_activesync_device_users
>
> In /etc/httpd/httpd.conf I put:
> Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync /var/www/htdocs/horde4/rpc.php
>
> The mod_ssl module was commented out and I LEFT commented.
>
> On the iPhone, I created a new account, selected Microsoft Exchange
> and configured as this:
>
> email: lp.allard.1 at gmail.com (btw its also my username in Horde)
> Domain: left blank
> Username: my horde username (my email)
> Password: my horde password
>
> Click Next
>
> I am presented with a new field to fill out, called the server.  I
> entered the address of my horde server. From my machines on my local
> network, I can access Horde using
>
> http://$SERVERIP/horde4/login.php
>
> SO I entered
>
> http://$SERVERIP/
>
> in my iPhone and Clicked Next.  The iPhone said: "Exchange Account -
> Unable to Verify account information"
>
> Then I ignored this error, clicked Next and came back in the config to
> disable the SSL option.  I get the same error....
>
> Obviously I am missing something...

Things to consider:

(1) Make sure the Alias rule is in the correct place in httpd.conf,
taking into account virtual hosts etc... you can verify the alias
works by going directly to the Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync address in
the browser. You should get an error message about accessing the
activesync url directly in a browser.

(2) Make sure Apache was reloaded/restarted after making the change.

(3) Is the iPhone using wifi or it's 3G connection? You are using the
server IP, if this is a private IP, it will only work if using WiFi.

If none of the above tips help, check the horde logs for errors. If
nothing interesting in the horde log then we will need you to enable
activesync logging (see the wiki page), obtain the log along with a
wireshark trace of the network conversation between device and server
and post back to us.