[horde] Major problem with Kronolith

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jun 13 14:14:52 UTC 2011

Quoting Richard Heggs <richard at ingenitor.net>:

> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to revise my early statement about everything going well
> with the upgrade. :(
>
> I have a problem with Kronolith.  Two problems, in fact.
>
> Problem #1: I can't add events to my calendar.  When I click on the
> "add new event" widget, I get a small form with one field (no
> opportunity to choose date and time, or anything else).  When I
> click "save", I get the error "Cannot parse event description".

I assume you are talking about a) The dynamic view and b) the quick
event add feature. If you click on the small calendar icon next to the
"New Event" text, it opens a small box with a single text field (and
some instructive text). You type in natural language text such as
"Dinner with Mom tonight at 8PM". If you want to enter a new event
using the full event detail box, either click on the "New Event" text
itself, or click on the calendar view on the day (or hour) that you
want the event to start.

If my assumptions are wrong, please provide more detail.

> Problem #2: I can't see any of the events that were created before
> the upgrade, either.  They are present in the kronolith_events
> table, but not displayed on my calendar.

Are there any errors in the horde log? Any javascript errors on the
console? Did you switch share backends during the upgrade? Which
backend were you previously using? If you look at the share table,
does the share name match the calendar name in the events table?

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org