[horde] Nokia e5/e6/e7 and horde testimonies ?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Aug 1 14:30:51 UTC 2011

Quoting Niels Dettenbach <nd at syndicat.com>:

> On Monday 01 August 2011 12:35:29 Spyros Tsiolis wrote:
>> Anyone has any experience with Horde and Nokia Smartphones ?
>> Namely E5/E6/E7 ?
>
> ...only on E90 which worked for me on Horde3 (SyncML) - with the internal
> SyncML as funambol (it seemed to me the native client works more stable for
> me). Horde4 is under testing now.

> btw:
> Has anyone some experiences or recommendations of configs / helper apps for
> Android Users (Android 2.2, 2.3 aso.)? Did not find anything about
> that within

On Android, you can sync with Horde using the built in Exchange
ActiveSync support. Calendar and Contacts work well. There is no
native Task app that works with ActiveSync though.  The TouchDown
Exchange client is also a good alternative (it *does* contain tasks)
There is currently a bug in TouchDown dealing with exceptions to
recurring events. I am in contact with the developer trying to work
out the issue (it's related to DST transitions and causes duplicate
events to be added). So, if those are important to you, than you
should hold off on that app.  There is also a Global Address Book app
for android.

If SyncMl is more your thing, there is the Synthesis SyncMl client,
though it's not currently working with our code. There are at least
two other syncml clients on the Android as well, though _I_ haven't
gotten a chance to test all of them fully yet so I can't comment on
them.

  the horde docs yet...

> Is there any planning / project which want to build a Android connector to
> Horde?

Not that I'm aware of. With activesync/syncml support and mobile
friendly web interfaces (mail, calendar, photos, tasks currently),
there is not much you can't already do.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)