[horde] ActiveSync and email

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Wed Aug 3 11:55:52 UTC 2011

I'm sure the dev guys have been asked this all the time, but is there
a plan to allow email be sync'd via ActiveSync?  I know one could open
IMAP to the outside world and set a mobile mail client to use that
protocol, but using Horde with a self-signed cert is a much more
secure way of doing email than allowing the world to bang away on your
imap server.  Is it doable, or is the protocol locked down that
requires you sign your life away to Microsoft to get the communication
details or possibly they want money to license the technology for email?

Great work on getting ActiveSync to work with Calendars, Contacts, and Tasks!