[horde] Net_SMTP-1.6.0 breaks SMTP-Auth

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 13 21:28:01 UTC 2011

Am 13.08.2011 22:51, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

>>> I'm glad you have empirical evidence to back this up.

>>> Uhhh... thousands of people are sending messages just fine with the latest PEAR.
>>>
>>> Please stop with your FUD.  You did the same thing to the PEAR people
>>
>> you should consider NOT calling all FUD which you do not understand
>> and optimize the horde-testings instead shout out "You did the same
>> thing to the PEAR people"
>
> Well, they *did* ask you to curb your attitude.
>
>> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=18594

>> Thank you for your bug report. This issue has been fixed in the latest
>> released version of the package, which you can download at
>> http://pear.php.net/get/ Version 1.6.1 should fix the SASL-based AUTH methods.
>
> I'm sorry, I still fail to see how this has *anything* to do with Horde, other than the fact you enjoy irritating
> open source developers. Let me recap: what you are saying is that the PEAR folks fixed an issue with *their* code,
> that *they* wrote, that is *not* under *any* control of *anyone* on the Horde team and that somehow this is a bad
> reflection on Horde? Hm. I guess we are responsible for bugs in PHP too?
>
> I also find it interesting that, as you said in the thread at PEAR, "IMP is broken", but then later on indicate
> that it was the changes made to the *PEAR* package that have fixed things for you. You then post back here in an "I
> told you so", entitlement-laced attitude that you were correct in treating us with your normal outright disrespect.
> Nice.

i had no idea WHY tis exactly did not work
on the other hand THEY had not idea what is happening

on the other hand a new horde-release came out which did not work
with recent pear - so what should the enduser do if pear says
"we can not reproduce what horde does" and horde says "we are not
interested in pear-bugs"?

normally this bugreport should made from horde-developers because
their code did not work with recent libraries and the enduser has
nothing to do with it

you say this is impossible?
i do this 365 days a year i my job and feel respsonsible for every
piece of code which i use for my applications and try to workaround
over bugs of libraries or try to help fix them wherever they happens

and that is why i have no time and energy to debug horde/pear too