[horde] Installing horde4 on debian / kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu Sep 15 14:59:14 UTC 2011

Quoting Alexander Gran <alex at grans.eu>:

> Hi all again,
>
> I'd like to dedicate the next days to get horde4 + kolab running on my new
> box.
> However I'm still missing some packages that are referenced but not included
> in
> deb   http://files.pardus.de/      horde4-debian-20110617/all/
> See apt complaining:
> root at havanna:/var/www/groupware# apt-get install php-horde-kolab-*
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Note, selecting 'php-horde-kolab-session' for regex 'php-horde-kolab-*'
> Note, selecting 'php-horde-kolab-server' for regex 'php-horde-kolab-*'
> Note, selecting 'php-horde-kolab-storage' for regex 'php-horde-kolab-*'
> Note, selecting 'php-horde-kolab-format' for regex 'php-horde-kolab-*'
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  php-horde-kolab-format : Depends: php5-dom but it is not installable
>                           Recommends: php-horde-test (>= 1.0.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
>                           Recommends: php-horde-test (< 2.0.0) but it is not
> going to be installed
>                           Recommends: php5-mbstring but it is not installable
>  php-horde-kolab-server : Depends: php5-hash but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>

> Any Idea where to get those?
> Or are there updated packages I need to use?
> I'm happy to use sources as well, If that's better.
> Just point me somewhere please ;)

I'm sorry to say that Horde 4 for the Kolab server has not really been
released yet. Of course a lot of the elements are there and I can use
it already but I wouldn't consider it stable enough for general use.
Can you wait two more weeks until I start releasing the
"kolab-webmail" package on pear.horde.org? The stuff on
files.pardus.de is Debian packaging and meant to be used with the SQL
backend.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--