[horde] Trashed and Started Again

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 15 16:42:01 UTC 2011

Quoting Benjamin Casado <bcasado at fairhealthus.org>:

> I just finished getting everything from git using (git clone
> git://github.com/horde/horde) into directory /home/user/horde and
> reviewed the docs at http://www.horde.org/development/git but but
> but...............
>
> a) when I vi install_dev.conf (empty from scratch) I added what I
> thought was needed:

there should be a install_dev.conf.dist file that you can copy to
*.conf. This file has instructions on what to put in what variables
etc...

> But then I went south!
>
> horde/bin/db_migrate ---> could not find it?

Well, it's there in the git checkout. If you are looking in the
checkout directory (not the directory linked by install_dev, it's
horde/horde/bin ... in the web accessible directory, it's horde/bin.

> The ->   pear install Role/package.xml
> Attempting to discover channel "Role"...
> Attempting fallback to https instead of http on channel "Role"...
> unknown channel "Role" in "Role/package.xml"
> Unknown channel "pear.horde.org"
> Parsing of package.xml from file "Role/package.xml" failed
> install failed

You are confusing git installation with PEAR installation. Please read
the instructions on our website. http://horde.org/development/git.php