[horde] Missing values in localization .pot files.

Pro Green European pro_green_european at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 08:46:22 UTC 2012

Hi.

If the following data (or some of it) is not found in .pot files and when compiled into a .mo file, the text will not be properly translated:

#: templates/prefs/app.html:7
msgid "Edit Preferences for"
msgstr "Ändra inställningar för"

#: templates/prefs/app.html:10
msgid "Global Preferences"
msgstr "Globala inställningar"

#: templates/prefs/app.html:17
msgid "Go"
msgstr "Gå"

#: templates/prefs/app.html:22
msgid "Show Advanced Preferences"
msgstr "Visa avancerade inställningar"

#: templates/prefs/app.html:24
msgid "Hide Advanced Preferences"
msgstr "Göm avancerade inställningar"

#: templates/portal/layout.inc:115 templates/prefs/end.html:3
msgid "Save"
msgstr "Spara"

#: config/registry.php:122
msgid "Address Book"
msgstr "Adressbok"

#: config/registry.php:80
msgid "Mail"
msgstr "E-post"

#: config/registry.php:88
msgid "Filters"
msgstr "Filter"

#: templates/prefs/end.html:4
msgid "Undo Changes"
msgstr "Ångra ändringar"

#: templates/prefs/end.html:7
msgid "Return to Main Screen"
msgstr "Återvänd till huvudskärmen"

#: config/prefs.php:244
msgid "Identity's name:"
msgstr "Identitetens namn:"

#: config/prefs.php:253
msgid "Your full name:"
msgstr "Ditt fullständiga namn:"

#: config/prefs.php:262
msgid "The default e-mail address to use with this identity:"
msgstr "Denna identitets standard epostadress:"

#: config/prefs.php:269
msgid "Default location to use for location-aware features."
msgstr "Standardplats att använda för platsmedvetna funktioner:"

In the localization template files supplied with any of the Horde projects I use, some of them or all above values are missing. The result is for example non-translated text in headings etc.

I've verified this to be the case, when I opened up the .mo files for the Finnish imp.mo for example, and found that the .mo file contain the translated Finnish data, but not found in the Finnish imp.po file.

Now I wonder if there are any other translation data that have to be added to any .po file in order to get a "completely" translated UI for Horde.

One other thing, I cannot figure out why the text below is not translated when I click the Preferences (Inställningar). The text shown is:

"Preferences for E-post" should be "Inställningar för E-post" (imp)
"Global Preferences" should be "Globala inställningar" (horde) (although I've added this to the missing fields list)
"Preferences for Adressbok" should be "Inställningar för Adressbok" (ingo)
"Preferences for Filter" should be "Inställningar för Filter" (turba)

Thx,
/PGE