[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Feb 21 15:32:11 UTC 2012

> installation

> >> I tried again and 'webmail-install' is still found in /usr/bin instead
> >> of /var7www/webmail.
> >>
> >> What is the correct order stepBYstep to install horde 4 into separate
> > pear?
> >>
> >> Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I am very good with linux and seldom
> >> have problems, but according to the documentation I always run into a
> >> dead end :(
> >
> > Well, my how-to, if I post it later will not document that. Why do to want
> > it in a separate PEAR install? And why do you want webmail and not the
> > separate packages?
>
> Yes, please post your step by step howto, I am eager to see it :) !
>
> I want Horde 4 to be installed in a directory of my choice. If I
> understood right I need the separate pear install to fulfill my wish,
> did I understand that correctly?

Keep in mind, that Horde has two parts. Libraries which can be wherever you want and applications which must be web accessible. Mostly you just choose to install the libraries into global PEAR and then install applications under /var/www (or whatever your web root is). This second path is specified when running "pear run-scripts horde/horde_role". You would want to install into separate PEAR installation only if you are on a shared system and really understand what are possible implications.

I think this somewhat confuses people.

--
   Vilius