[horde] Ansel rights

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 5 23:26:41 UTC 2012

Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> Hi,
>
> ----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
>   Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:36:53 -0500
>     Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Ansel rights
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> and finally, as I have created a nice gallery now, I would like to
>>> have others being able to also view this gallery.
>>>
>>> I did not find proper settings in the user settings, but
>>> recognized that in administration section there is a point named
>>> Rights.
>>> I can see wicked inside it.
>>>
>>> Is there a little documentation I didnt find yet? I have been here
>>> so far: http://www.horde.org/apps/ansel/docs
>>

>> For permissions, there are two things to consider. Permissions to
>> the application, itself and permissions to each gallery.
>>
>> The first part is controlled by the administrative section you
>> describe above. You should add Ansel to the list, and give Guests
>> SHOW and READ perms. This will allow guests to see/use Ansel.
>
> With 'guests' you do mean the users in Horde or real guests in Horde?

Sorry. For some reason, I thought you meant you wanted non-logged in
users to see the photos. You can ignore this part then. By default,
all logged in uses have access to enabled applications.

>> The second part is controlled by Ansel. While viewing a gallery,
>> there is a "permissions" link in the right hand gallery action
>> menu. This controlls the permissions for the specific gallery.
>
> I dont want 'guests' to see my galleries but I now created rights
> for Ansel in the administrative section for logged in users, SHOW
> and READ.
>
> But do I need this to do when having the Permissions inside Horde?
> Or doesnt it work without the permissions in the administrative
> section? Just to understand it clearly..

You can ignore the first part, about adding "Ansel" to the
administrative section. As I said above, for some reason I thought you
meant guests, not other logged in usrs. My Bad. Regardless though, you
still manage per-gallery permissions from the gallery permissions
screen. You can also set the default permissions given to newly
created galleries if you like.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)