[horde] Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0

lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
Thu Apr 19 19:49:13 UTC 2012

Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.brereton at buongiorno.com>:

> On 19 April 2012 12:02, Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> ----- Nachricht von lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de ---------
>>  Datum: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:32:47 +0200
>>    Von: lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Fwd: Re: Interface design Horde 4.1/5.0
>>     An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> We have disabled the dynamic views after many support calls from
>>> people using it and only use the static as of now. Not having the
>>> static view or something similar would probably mean not using Horde
>>> anymore in our case.
>>

>> I support this statement.
>>
>> When using Dynamic Views I often get the feeling that not everything plays
>> together, not all is logically aligned, and the most annoying case (at this
>> time) is that not all is dynamic at the moment. Arising questions.
>>
>> I could see a fully dynamic and logically aligned horde in the future, or a
>> horde not being (easily) used anymore.
>>
>> Please dont feel hit on the leg, for I just want also help make horde a
>> super Groupware at all.
>> And to mention, I still feel that Horde is best choice, still, in things of
>> Groupware.
>
> The team have stated on several occasions that Horde4 is not perfect,
> but it had to make the changes to make Horde5 a realistic opportunity.
>
> No one should give up on dynamic view because people in the
> organisation are resistant to change.

It has nothing to do with "resistant to change". Most people simply
have to get their work done and are not pleased by "search the feature
of today". Progress is if something useful is easier todoy, not simply
because it's new. It might be that the dynamic view will sometimes get
usable but as of today it is unfinished and only usable by geeks.

We like Horde/IMP because it's technical design, but after all it's a
tool for the workers in the company and therefore it has to fit their
needs.

Regards

Andreas